Explore Revolutionary War history & beautiful formal garden, learn about flowers and gardening, take photographs, celebrate weddings in Stamford CT.
About the Goodbody Garden
The Stamford Garden Club looks after the beautiful garden enclosed within white Italianate balustrades with support from the City of Stamford. Take a walk under a shady stone-pillared pergola. Surround yourself with the sweet fragrance of peonies. Admire the beautiful urn in the sunken garden. Relax on a bench under falling magnolia blossoms. Watch the bees and butterflies flit from one purple-spiked flower to the next.
- Join lots of photographers and families who choose to take photographs here.
- Choose to have your wedding here? Go to Weddings/Events for guidance.
- Identify the flowers from pictures sorted by color: Find names of flowers
- Click on Stamford Garden Club to find out more about the club and how to join
- Go to Goodbody Family 1928-1970 to find out why its called the Goodbody Garden
- Check out our gallery of photos.
What and where is Fort Stamford?
- Go to Fort Stamford 1781-1783 to discover the Revolutionary War history of this park and to help you identify what can still be seen see today.